Speech Pathology, what is it we do?
Speech pathology is the study and treatment of speech and language difficulties such as:
- accent reduction for English Language Learners
- trouble forming sounds like /s/, /r/, /th/, /l/, /k/ (when the letters are between slashes like that, it's a cue to make the sound as in sssss)
- understanding language (ex. following directions, basic concepts, etc)
- grammar (ex. pronouns, verbs, etc)
- formulating full sentences
- expressing language
- selective mutism
Links that might help to increase understanding
- Google it!